Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lufkin girl also in Top 36

We've spent so much time rooting for Michael that we've forgotten another local(ish) contestant ... so for all you country music and Longhorn fans ...

From Kendall's MySpace page
Kendall Beard, 23, grew up in Lufkin and now resides in Austin. Kendall grew up singing across Texas, like in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and Johnny High Country Music Review. “My parents would pick me up from school and we would travel all weekend to different county fairs and country oprys and we would return just in time to be back at school Monday morning.” Kendall attended UT in Austin (go Longhorns!) where she graduated with a B.A in Communication Studies. “I never lost my passion for music; I always said that if singing was the path I was meant to walk, the opportunity would present itself when the time was right.” Last year, Kendall released a self-title album.

Kendall, sometimes referred to in previous blogs as the girl who Kara tore apart for wearing all black (she showed up in all yellow last night), began her American Idol journey in San Juan and advanced to the Top 36 last night.

1 comment:

  1. Im from Sulphur,La, and I was wondering what year he graduated in and if he graduated from Sulphur High.

    ReplyDelete