Thursday, March 12, 2009

Final interview with Jasmine

Some interesting tidbits about the contestants mansion, what they knew (or didn't know) about the surprise twist and what songs contestants were considering for country week.

From USA TODAY

Q. What advice did the judges give you after the show ended?
A. They were just encouraging me to keep going and keep doing what I'm doing. I'm glad they did; they're so nice.

Q. What are your plans now?
A. Well, after this I have to finish high school. I'm a junior in high school. And then I'm going to go to college and pursue music. Music is really where my heart is.

Q. What would you say was your biggest obstacle?
A. Everyone has their opinions, and I really value that, and I tried to give it my all every time I got onstage. I really enjoyed being up on stage and singing every time.

Q. What do you think of the new twist, Judges Save? Were you surprised when they didn't use the save for you?
A. No. You never know in this type of competition. You always have to have hope and faith, and it could happen. And they could have said yes, but they didn't. They know what they want for the competition, and they probably wanted to save it. That's OK with me.

Q. What are you going to miss the most about the new mansion?
A. The practice room. We have a big, spacious area, and it had wonderful acoustics and a keyboard. I'm glad they had that for us. I used to go down there all the time and practice my skills. I'm going to miss that part of the house.

Q. How does it feel to have support from people from all over, even places you haven't even heard of?
A. Support from people means so much to me. I really appreciate it. It's really unbelievable because Idol really does get you out there. I'm so lucky to have fans, and that people like to hear my singing, and that they voted for me.

Q. What's the buzz among the singers about the Judges Save?
A. No, we had no idea at all. So it was a mystery. We were all wondering, of course, but we didn't know.

Q. Is the Save a good idea?
A. I think that's a good idea amongst the other things, with the 36 semifinalists and 13 finalists. They've given people extra chances to get closer to reach their dreams and achieve their goals. It's a great idea.

Q. With the Save, do you think that Americans will feel that judges don't trust their decisions?
A. I don't think so. The judges put us all here in the first place from the first audition, and America decides the ultimate outcome.

Q. Did you have time to spend with the judges since last night?
A. No, we don't get to spend time with the judges, and they came up to encourage me and to keep doing what I'm doing.

Q. What's been the most rewarding thing about your experiences on the show?
A. For me, it's been being able to perform, and that's what is the most important thing anyway. Getting up there and showing what you can do. I feel like I have been able to really do that, and I'm so glad to do that.

Q. Living in the mansion — was Mom there?
A. Kinda. She's my mom. She's a mom. She's always supporting and coaching me and helping me do things.

Q. How did it feel when you were eliminated?
A. It felt like any other time that I've performed and the judges judged me. I was just happy to be back on that stage. The lights and the audience and the energy you get from all of it. I'm really glad I got to do it.

Q. In pageants, they honor poise, but American Idol wants people to be more loose. Did you feel that it was hard to get out of pageant mode?
A. I can remember seeing Paula was happy because I was poised on stage. And I think it's good to be poised on stage. So, I was just myself every time I got up there.

Q. Country week is next week. Did you have anything in mind?
A. I had various songs I was thinking, something like LeAnn Rhimes or something from Carrie Underwood.

Q. Why did you pick your song I'll Be There?
A. I thought it was a good choice. It's a beautiful song, and it was made when the Jackson 5 were young. I thought it was a good song choice.

Q. Closing remarks?
A. Just thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment